The media landscape is cluttered with new ways for your target audience to be engaging with entertainment properties. Communicating core marketing messages to mass TV audiences has never been more difficult.
90% of people with digital video recorders skip TV ads. To be seen, brands now have to get inside the content.
• Consumer consumption of entertainment increases when economic times get tough.
• ITV reported an increase of 1.1% in TV viewing in the first quarter of 2009.
• Cinema admissions for 2009 to April 30 stand at 55.2 million, a 14.2% increase on the same periods in 2008.
• Research shows product placement in content boosts brand awareness, raises brand affinity and encourages prospective purchasers. 60% of viewers felt more positive about brands they recognized in a placement.
• 45% said they would be more likely to make a purchase.